Click here to access the PDF version. 3/13/2020
As we face the growing public health concern, now declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization, it is likely many in your community will be affected by the flu or COVID-19 in upcoming days and weeks.
At the NCLL, we encourage a culture of prevention not of paranoia. We want to encourage all churches and ministries to take the right precautions, use common sense, and take appropriate measures to ensure the health and safety of those in your care.
Recommended Precautions for Your Ministry
- Congregants, especially pastoral staff and greeting teams, should limit physical contact by refraining from shaking hands, and announcements and signs should be posted encouraging no physical contact.
- Anyone who has had a fever should stay home until fever-free for at least 24 hours.
- During church services, anyone displaying cold-like symptoms, including but not limited to coughing, excessive sneezing, or cold chills, should be asked nicely to return home to ensure the health of others.
- Congregants should be reminded to wash hands regularly, especially after shaking hands or working in the children’s ministry.
- Increase regular cleaning of the facilities, ensuring that disinfectant is being used in critical areas such as kitchens and bathrooms.
- Request that anyone who has traveled overseas recently remain home from services until symptom-free for fourteen days.
- If your church has the capability, livestream services to individuals unable to attend due to health concerns.
We recommend that your organization connect with local community health officials to obtain up-to- date information concerning the status of confirmed COVID-19 cases in your area. If you are in a highly affected region of the country, your church or ministry may choose not to hold large gatherings or services. This is at your sole discretion as a ministry unless your state or local government puts a specific order in place.
This is a difficult time for many as they deal with the realities of this pandemic. It is an essential time for us, as the Church, to share the Hope that is in us providing peace that passes all understanding. Our prayers are with each of your ministries as you seek to be salt and light during this time in our country.
Recommended Additional Links
Below are links providing additional information relevant to your ministry.
- CDC : https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html
- National Association of Free Will Baptists: https://nafwb.org/coronavirus/
- The Gospel Coalition: https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/what-we-know-coronavirus/
- Lifeway Resources: https://ministrygrid.com/coronavirus