Churches Need Our Support
Christians need to protect our constitutional freedoms, especially our ability to freely exercise our faith and speak biblical truth into our communities. The Millennial Generation has little biblical literacy, attends services at a record low rate, and fewer than half (43%) believe in “the God of the Bible,” according to the Pew Research Center.
America’s largest generation depends on today’s churches and ministries to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, as cultural headwinds seek to suppress truth in academics, the arts, news, and big tech media.
How We Help
Thanks to the ongoing support and special gifts of friends like you, the National Center for Life and Liberty equips and empowers the church for maximum ministry and minimum liability. Together, NCLL lawyers and staff have been in contact with more than 2,500 churches and other ministries since the beginning of the year.
We provided specific counsel and/or support materials for more than 500 churches and ministries in the first half of 2018.
Challenges and issues range from administrative questions regarding a defibrillator purchase to tax questions related to the little known parking-benefits provision outlined in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act.
Other requests for support are more involved—such as dealing with problem employees or external threats from disruptive protestors. To meet this growing demand for legal and administrative counsel, the NCLL recently added more talented lawyers and staff.
Even with all our work in educational freedom, parental liberties, and constitutional protections—we prioritize helping churches share the Gospel of Jesus Christ as freely as possible.
The ongoing prayer and financial support of Premium Partners and other friends of the ministry help strengthen the spiritual backbone of our nation.
Thank you for your investment in faithful believers standing in the gap for future generations. They need our clear call for wisdom—as they find their way in an increasingly complex culture.
Maximum Ministry. Minimum Liability.
- Please pray earnestly for our ongoing work in the courts to bring truth to bear in defending D. James Kennedy Ministries and other Christians from slander and discrimination from the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) and Amazon.com.
- Pray for a children’s ministry in Georgia at risk of being shut down by county zoning officials. The county is attempting to change the zoning designation for the property where the ministry is located to force them to move and is threatening excessive fines for failure to comply. The NCLL legal team is providing guidance to the ministry as they respond to this unlawful action.
- Pray for a street preacher whose first amendment rights were violated when he was arrested while peaceably reciting Gospel verses at a community festival. The NCLL is honored to serve on the front lines protecting the ability for churches and ministries to freely proclaim the Gospel.
- Pray for the family of Attorney Rex Sparklin who, after many years of faithful service, went home to be with the Lord following a year-long, courageous battle with cancer. Attorney Sparklin was one of the lawyers sacrificially representing the parents of Terri Schiavo in their fight for her life. We thank God for his faithful legacy for life at every stage.
- Pray for wisdom in confirming our nation’s next Supreme Court associate justice. As the debate rages, pray that God would bring truth clearly to the fore and defend the freedoms we hold dear.
Thank you again for your prayerful partnership in defending life and liberty!